Ensure Passenger and Operator Safety
Transportation and mass transit agencies have a variety of security, operations, and communications challenges that can be quickly and cost-effectively solved with Firetide wireless mesh networks. Firetide enables rapid deployment of wireless networking infrastructure to provide mobile connectivity 24/7 for passenger and operator safety, employee mobility, efficient business operations, liability protection, and enhanced services to patrons, including Wi-Fi® access.
With a wireless mesh network from Firetide, you can realize the benefits of IP-based real-time video surveillance, wireless connectivity at depots, and voice over IP communications. Firetide wireless mesh networks dramatically increase passenger and operator safety—where previously real-time response has been impossible—enhancing the safety and security of passengers, first responders, and transit personnel alike.
A Firetide network can be deployed rapidly to enable new unique applications for security, operations, and internet access for passengers where it was previously impossible, such as on board moving vehicles. Firetide wireless mesh networks work seamlessly indoors and outdoors, and are particularly cost effective solutions for transportation depots where critical operations data can be transmitted wirelessly from the vehicles into central storage facilities, to eliminate time-consuming manual transmission of data.
Rugged, mobile Firetide networks work in the most challenging environments to enhance your business operations and ensure safety and security for both patrons and operators.
Wireless Mesh Networks for Your Transportation Application
With its high capacity and robust performance, Firetide provides mobile infrastructure with uninterrupted video and roaming. IP security cameras, Internet access for control of business operations, security monitoring and VoIP – all can all be implemented quickly, cost effectively, and securely with a Firetide mesh network.
- Operator and passenger safety – Mobile-to-mobile connectivity enables transmission of live video feeds to laptops in police officers' networked vehicles, allowing first responders to view an onboard incident as it unfolds, in real time. Consequently, responders can plan and execute tactics faster and smarter.
- Enhanced business operations – Fixed-to-mobile connectivity provides real-time visibility into operational conditions and enables immediate response to emergencies, adverse weather, and traffic congestion.
- Ad hoc communications with first responders & emergency services – Self-forming nature of wireless mesh enables creation of on-site incident response centers and inter-agency communications.
- Wi-Fi® access for passengers on the same infrastructure – Firetide wireless mesh enables you to offer enhanced services to passengers without having to deploy a separate network.
- Property protection/vandalism prevention – Cameras operate 24/7 and monitor a number of areas simultaneously. Firetide wireless mesh networks are ideal for deploying IP security cameras that communicate with monitoring equipment.
- Mobility of workers and equipment – Quick deployment of temporary networks based on workflow or threat assessment helps prevent crime, improve communications and increase employee safety.
- Superior video performance – providing up to 70 Mbps throughput, for real-time video streaming equal in quality to wired networks.
- Unmatched network scalability – supporting up to 1,000 nodes per network, for the most cost-effective network expandability and management available. Firetide's Ethernet-based approach allows for easy integration with wired networks.
- Customer-driven modularity – providing a modular backhaul and access design, broadest range of radio band support and seamless indoor/outdoor operation.
- Unequaled network security – providing multiple levels of security including end-to-end encryption.
- Uninterrupted mobility – offering roaming without interruption. The Firetide approach allows for real time video and high-quality voice on moving vehicles with Wi-Fi® client mobility.
- Unrivaled voice quality – enabling VoIP without dead air or voice quality restricted by network performance.
- Exceptional investment protection – providing indoor and outdoor Ethernet-based solutions that support multiple applications and integrate smoothly with existing wired and wireless infrastructure.